New Member’s G.R.O.W.T.H. Pathway
Welcome to Springfield Baptist Church! We are so glad that you have made Springfield your church home. To help guide you through your New Member’s experience, we have created a G.R.O.W.T.H. Pathway just for you. If you have any questions at any point during this time, please do not hesitate to contact the Assimilation Pastor at 770-929-1111 (Tues-Fri; 10:00am-4:00pm) and press extension 135.
- Accept Christ
- Become a Member
- Attend & Complete New Member Classes
- Get CONNECTED & join a Ministry
STEP 1- Accept Christ
To know God’s love, we must individually receive Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord. Confess your sins and accept Christ into your life.
Romans 10:9-10 - “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
Revelations 3:20 - “Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him.”
Ephesians 2:8-9 - “By grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast.”
STEP 2 - Baptism
Jesus was baptized in the Jordan River by John the Baptist.
—Matthew 3:13; Mark 1:9; Luke 3:23
Baptism is an outward expression of an inward spiritual change that takes place when a person receives the free gift of salvation. The Bible tells us we don’t get baptized to get saved. Rather, we are baptized because of our relationship with the One who died so we can have eternal life. It is therefore extremely important that baptism occurs after a person has made a conscious decision to repent of their sins and profess their faith in Jesus Christ. Baptism classes are mandatory and are held on the Saturday before the 1st Sunday of every month. Baptisms are held every 1st Sunday during the 11am Service in the Worship Center.
To request Baptism, click here. If you need additional information or have more questions about the process or salvation, please contact the Church office at 770-929-1111 (Tues-Fri; 10:00am-4:00pm) and press extension 127 for the Baptism Coordinator or email .
STEP 3 - Become a Member
There are several ways to become a Member of Springfield:
- Option 1: At the conclusion of each service, an invitation to receive Christ and to join the church is extended from the pulpit. At that time, you are invited to come up front where you are received by the Altar Ministry, greeted by the Pastor and then escorted to the Visitors Center where we will pray with you and collect additional information for membership.
- Option 2: After each service you can come to the Visitors Center where a member of our Altar Ministry will assist you with becoming a member.
- Option 3: You may send an e-mail request to and a member of our Assimilation Ministry will contact you for a personal conversation.
- Option 4: Or, you may call the Church Office at 770-929-1111 and press extension 135 to reach our Assimilation Pastor.
STEP 4 - Attend New Members Orientation
New Members Orientation consists of a series of four classes which are offered each Sunday during the Sunday School hour of 9:30am – 10:30am. These classes are expected to be completed by each Member of Springfield Baptist Church. After completion of your 4 classes, New Members Certificates are available upon request. The classes are based on G.R.O.W.T.H. which are our Church Core Values.
Growing through God's Word
Reconnecting Generations through Worship & Fellowship
Operating in our Spiritual Gifts
Winning the Community
Tithing in Love and Obedience to our God
Helping to Empower the World
STEP 5 – Get Connected with SBC ministries and activities
Now, let’s get connected. SBC offers over 30 ministries for member engagement. Click here to join a ministry. If you have additional questions, please contact the Assimilation Pastor at , or call 770-929-1111, ext. 225.